Monday 7 June 2010

Back in Kenya June 2010

Its Monday June 7th 2010. I am back in Kenya just over a week and have only just found the time to write something down about the trip so far. Its been hectic!
Last week I spent some time in Nairobi with a family I have known for many years (a story that I will write in full over the next few days), I have been on a safari in Tsavo East national park (home of the infamous Tsavo Man Eating lions) with some friends and have been up in Lamu for a couple of days reviewing the marvellous new Camara regional hub established up there.

Its only been about 6 months since I was last here and things have changed (not all for the good). There is certainly more economic activity going on and prices have gone up but unfortunately so has crime - a clear indication that the rising tide  is not bringing everyone with it.

I'll write more about this later....

In the meantime I have to work out some permanent accomodation arrangements for the next couple of weeks! Will I ever learn....

No comments: